Forum Replies Created
July 16, 2019 at 1:00 pm #7764
Thanks for the followup.
Unfortunately I tried all of what you suggested but problems seemed to persist.
Anyhow no worries I’ll jot down new notes next time I start a new game.
July 15, 2019 at 1:08 pm #7760
Nice progress, good work!
Thanks for addressing all the issues.
I stopped playing yesterday to give my brain some break from dozens of hours of continuous play but here are a few notes on recent encounters:
– There is a Portuguese NPC hero and Nathaniel Hawk that I come across at the tavern which keep telling me “I’ll just finish my drink and return back to the ship” but thing is I never hired them nor do I have them anywhere on my officer list
– In my first hour of playing last week, I took a quest from harbormaster to chase a closeby ship and give them a ship log, but it just happened to be an enemy nation so when I reach to the ship that I must give the ship log to, I sank it. So this ship log remained with me this whole time with no end to the quest
– This annoyance is from vanilla version and all the other mods that I played, including TEHO: when one cannon is destroyed from your ship, suddenly the rest of them start to pop like popcorn one by one. In the national questline missions, sometimes I end up with just 20 cannons remaining out of my 80. This only happens after you lose your first cannon then you lose one or two cannons everytime you fire
– Sailor loyalty: I have a 80 gun fully upgraded ship with 1316 crew, and I always have to pay a hefty 100k sum to up the loyalty from Ship screen several times until it becomes “Heroic”. If I travel from, let’s say, Havana to Guadelupe, then it would sink down to “Average” or around there. Another distant travel and it would go down to “low”, eventually reaching to rebellion.
Now I have the rum rations at double, and I confirm that consumption is at double, but I’m not sure what is causing this rebellious attitude from them ungrateful sailors.
I realized it sinks really low after you perform land attacks on cities, and it somewhat increases/remains the same when you plunder ships on the high seas.
– Related to the old boarding issue I told you about, this is correlated or maybe not: when I board smaller ships (I mean really smaller than mine), after the battle I end up losing HUNDREDS of men. I’m talking about 1316 crew of mine Vs 3 or 400 in the enemy ship, and this is without any musket fire.
With musket fire, sometimes I lose the same thing, and sometimes I just lose the amount that I lost via musket fire. Cannot identify which situations cause the massive crew loss after a boarding action compared to minimal-to-no crew loss which is what is supposed to be, since none of my men get killed in action.
For now that’s all I can think of, I’m done with my Spanish playthrough for the timebeing: reached lvl 35 or 36 and finished storyline. Next one perhaps I’ll do England 🙂
Too bad I never came across a 48 cannon ship until now, really wanted to have a go at some forts.
July 12, 2019 at 5:28 am #7755
A few more issues I came across lately:
– When you board a ship, you lose an enormous amount of crew via musket salvo despite the other ship having less men. If you board an equal ship (eg. manowar vs manowar) then you both lose 150-170 men each. In smaller ships you still lose 150-170 but enemy loses 50-100. In very very small ships you lose 30-50 while enemy loses only 5-10.
– Cannon firing is weird in ERAS 2. Sometimes you keep shooting and don’t make a single damage. I spent 4 hours last night trying to storm Fort de France in Martinique, and I just spent hours waiting for fort to break but in the end it didn’t so i left the scene. I used 12k powder and 12k explosive shots and after reaching 60% damage with 40% remaining, the fort just didn’t respond to any attacks from me. I kept reloading the game and going from different directions but to no avail…
– I realized this after launching a land assault on Port Royal: after you finish and leave, the opera music is on the background while other music is overlaying. So there is an issue where one music is playing after assaulting and leaving Port Royal and other random musics play after you sail, etc.
– When you have a full limit of ships in your fleet, you cannot view your remaining 3 (3 or 2 is it?), so when you are assaulting a fort – big problem. Has this got to do with graphics/screen options?
– Similar to the above, when clicking “sail to” in sea view mode, you often find up to 20 different ships nearby, so you have to keep ticking right right right right until you find the port/land you want to sail to. Is there any option to get this of this hassle?
– Is there any way to change the font? I often get mixed up a lot in the words and especially numbers of the current font and wish for something more easier to view
– From level one to level 27 I kept getting spammed by requests for “pirate proposition” in taverns, but i realized yesterday all the sudden it stopped and I no longer get them. I killed a total of 37 heros, which means there are at least 110 remaining.
There were a few more technical issues but I forgot now, so I’ll try to repost when I remember.
July 8, 2019 at 9:06 pm #7751
Yea it’s no big deal, but the duel thing makes becoming a millionaire way too easy! I scored 2.5 million on this one hero. ModernKnight also fell victim unfortunately…
On one treasure hunt, I got over 95 jewels which was sold at about 97k each, netting me more than 9 million in a single treasure hunt.
Such rare items also can be found on dead bodies when boarding ships. Just today I came across a deadbeat with 3 jewel types that were 61 kg each, and I could not carry even one due to poor carry capacity limit.
July 8, 2019 at 7:00 pm #7749
Thanks for all the clarifications.
I did investigate a little and here my notes on the last two mentioned:
– The radius for looting a chest in captain’s cabin after boarding enemy ship can mostly be achieved by going towards the right side, then turn and face left and then the loot chest can be stable without interruption from moving on to the next stage.
– The Brescia pistol I just found out and found a solution: the tavern duels with AI heros. Everytime I insult them, dare them, then challenge them on the spot inside the tavern, my pistol gets auto-unequipped because no pistols allowed in tavern apparently, and the sword I use is given to me, not mine. So after the tavern duel you can equip again.
No wonder I kept getting unequipped and thinking it was a bug of some sort!
Btw Portugal has no ports in this mod right? And I read somewhere that there is Florida and other new ports, which I have not come across yet. Hope there are more nice features like this in the future, including more trade good varieties, and perhaps if there’s some good coin in me pockets, would love to pay for a customized historical character maybe!
July 8, 2019 at 7:07 am #7746
– This one is quite notable: when boarding a ship and completing the captain’s cabin, you have to move in a special direction in order to loot chests, otherwise when you click on space bar it could take you to next capture screen.
Therefore to loot chest you need the “hand” logo to appear on top and not the “unlock chain” logo. But in ERAS you need to move very carefully and stand in the right position in order to loot chest otherwise if you accidentally press space button while the hand logo is not appeared then you would miss out on the chest loots
– I have a Brescian flint pistol – it keeps unequipping from my inventory lately. Not sure why or how or when it started to do that.
- This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Barbarossa.
July 8, 2019 at 6:49 am #7744
Yea perhaps that’s a workaround for launching, but I have no issues launching from Itch via Maelstrom app, and then clicking on ERAS config. I’m not a technical guy so I usually get lost when I try fiddle with my computer haha
Anyhow thanks for the update, hope to check it out soon. That means I don’t have to download anything right, on Itch it will download automatically?
And here are a few issues I came across for your reference:
– Everytime I encounter bounty hunters in town, after killing them, I am declared as “Evading town alarm” and everyone treats me like a criminal, and once i come out of a shop etc. then guards start attacking me. I have to go to port screen then dock again for it to resume to normal.
– The screen for cabin chest when you have a fighter officer with you is much more convenient than the screen shown when you have no fighter officers with you. A lot of lag when you try to put in or take out multiple units of bullets, medicine, etc. compared to the convenience of the chest tab when you have one or more fighters with you
– The skill books, if I read them it means I automatically get the perks or I have to keep in my inventory for it to be effective?
– I am killing off competitor AI heros one by one for fun, yet my reputation is decreasing heavily everytime I kill them (good loot on them – most I got was 300k on a single dead hero). Does this have any other negative impact on gameplay other than reputation?
– The church missions I am completing without getting any positive reputation compared to the classic AOP game. Is this supposed to be this way? And what other ways do you suggest in raising reputation besides governor missions which takes 3 to 4 missions per rep increase?
– When I started with my character I had a special document given to me by Cartagena governor for killing Spain’s enemies. How can I get it back since I lost it?
– I also have this issue with TEHO and base AOP game, and existing here too: When shooting any ship from 3rd person view, it’s normal. But when shooting manually on 1st person deck, I get hostility and bounty raises and any trading license or LOM on me get invalidated. How comes?
I had a few more issues which I forgot about but Ill write them down as soon as I remember.
Thanks again for the constant support and development.
All the best.
- This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Barbarossa.
July 7, 2019 at 7:17 am #7741
Thanks again for feedback.
Yes it was me who posted on Itch, was not sure where to write.
But anyhow I did perform most of the mod settings, including realistic costs and weights, which is a bit challenging in terms of economy but hey there’s always more plunder 🙂
Regarding file directory I followed exact instructions as written on download page on Itch:
I had one little issue which I’m not sure if it can be fixed or not, and I also noticed I had this problem when I tried a similar mod 2 years ago:
When clicking on a dialog with anyone in game (tavern, shops, vendors, or any AI which you open dialog with), you have to wait 2 seconds before you can click again. So when you CLICK to talk to someone, you can’t choose anything even if you click several times quickly; you must wait 2 seconds before you can click the dialog option in your conversation.
Apart from that, very nice work on getting rid of crashes. I only crashed once and that was my own fault for sneaking in town and as soon as a dialog opened with a guard, I entered tavern (rotten luck) which caused the guard’s dialog bar to remain on my screen while I was in tavern. But that’s not a big issue.
Once again great work on all the development, I’m truly enjoying this game.
July 6, 2019 at 4:30 pm #7739
Good day everyone.
I just installed and began playing ERAS 2 on Itch, and I have some issues I wish to discuss in case I am doing something wrong and need to fix:
1) When I start the game via Itch, I click on Maelstrom from Library section, then it launches and I can see a big list of mods and their config. When clicking on ERAS 2 it just takes me to the file directory, therefore to start it I had to click on ERAS 2 config rather than just ERAS 2. Is this the right way of launching game or is there a better method for startup?
2) I chose a Spanish conquistador with a 32 gun ship, and I was hoping the game starts small then expands bit by bit through time, but in my first half hour all I saw was huge ships, and even the trader from a tavern-keeper’s tip was a giant battleship. In my first tavern visit, I came across a fellow GOF for plundering a silver convoy… I head to destination and it turns out to be a 7 ship convoy with each ship having no less than 400-500 crew compared to my 150-200.
Please tell me this is just because I chose a starting player with a lvl 32 gunship and that it wouldn’t happen if I chose simple characters like Diego Mendoza, etc.?
3) Items and valuables too easy: every shop vendor has all sorts of items, and within 15 minutes I managed to find tons of skill books, skill items, and excellent quality armaments.
Is there an option to turn this imbalance off?