GOF ERAs Mod 2 Latest Download

This topic contains 88 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of modernknight1 modernknight1 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of modernknight1
    modernknight1
    Keymaster

New Mod version successfully finally uploaded after numerous attempts 05 November 2015.

Latest version of the Mod is Eras2 1.5.7 published on 05 November 2015 and is available here:

LINK: https://mega.nz/#!tBxUxSiR

You will need this decryption key to open the link to download when prompted:

!BrPUZKLq0OdtFJLnllEkv-YJ96lTkkoaAPeVqCcLrH4

The mod is now 9.01GB and has the now widely available DVM no cd utility and Tages already present and set up. You should not have to do anything but decompress the mod using 7Zip or RAR, plop the Age of Pirates 2 folder on your desktop, open the folder and press the start button to play.

You “SHOULD” have COAS already installed.

At this point the mod is now over twice the size of the original game and encapsulates everything in the game. Bottom line….this is a whole new game.

I will attempt to get the mod posted to other locations and a Torrent version available in the near future.

I’m using the new MEGA site hosted out of New Zealand and it seems pretty good so far. For a clean DL try pulling it in over night.

Please see the updated Read Me file topic for a list of new capabilities and the few bugs remaining.

Enjoy.

MK

EDIT: I had a couple people complain that the link wouldn’t work for them. If this occurs, simply right click on the link and select the option “Open Link in New Private Window”

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of modernknight1 modernknight1.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Profile photo of modernknight1 modernknight1.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Profile photo of modernknight1 modernknight1.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of modernknight1 modernknight1.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of modernknight1 modernknight1.
    Profile photo of Vesca
    Vesca
    Participant

thank you, for this late Christmas Gift^^, Mega is not bad, download finished after 1 hours 17 min.

modernknight1
      Keymaster

You are quite welcome. Glad to hear it Vesca! That is a really good download time for a file of that size. I had complaints about Mediafire hitting people with unwanted adds before they could download so I think this is a much better alternative.

Please let me know how you like the mod.

MK

Profile photo of Daniela
    Daniela
    Participant

Thank you so much for your excellent work and for sharing it with us.
    The ships look fantastic.
    It will be exciting to explore all the innovations in eras. I´m so happy to start it NOW.

Profile photo of Hammerman777
    Hammerman777
    Participant

Nice job on the website MK. Love it so far. I expect great things from you. As one of the guys on MODDB commented today the mod is EPIC. I am privileged to be one of your beta testers and have to agree. I don’t usually go out for older games but what you’ve done here is extraordinary.

Just because its old doesn’t mean its not awesome and with a little imagination I find myself back in ye ole pirate days.

Thanks so much and looking forward to more in the future. I was worried you were going to shelve this after the last months happenings. I am so glad to see you bounce back my friend.

Hammer

modernknight1
      Keymaster

Thanks B!

Wait till you see the complete forum. I drew it out on yellow legal pads months ago and its finally starting to come together. I’m not certain this site format/layout is the best for what I want to do but we shall see. I should probably bring in some of our mutual friends to assist me here. Websites are not my strong point.

Totally agree on old games and imagination….as you already know. You guys make fun of me for all my old games. I know I criticize POTC for being old, but its limitations, GUI and fighting system make it just too clunky especially compared to COAS. Its too bad those POTC guys would never actually play and get into COAS. So much of the best mod content of that game could have been transferred to the better and more modern base game.

Its really unforgivable that they scrapped focusing on continuing mod efforts of stuff people could use and play RIGHT NOW in favor of developing something new that may never see the light of day. Time will tell and one of the reasons for this site is so that the COAS mod folks can come back together here and continue modding such a great game – AND it won’t be some back-burner non priority effort – it will be the main focus and primary effort of the forum here at Buccaneer’s Reef.

Thanks again for all your testing. I know you were hesitant to jump in when I first asked. Are you still playing?

BTW I think you’re banned on PA! too because you signed up on my ASUS notebook when we were skiing last winter and they banned all my IPs. My little niece got banned too and it was her notebook I was using when I was layed up a couple years ago(like she cares). They banned Stephen as well because he’s still living at home and is on my router network. He made a hilarious video about it for YouTube I will have to show you where he sings a song he made up called “I am not my Dad”. HILARIOUS!!! He also made a new music mod and since he couldn’t put it up on PA!, he put it up on a Russian game site called Corsair’s Harbor.ru

A

MK

Profile photo of Hraktuus
        Hraktuus
        Participant

It’s quite true. I am not my dad. :p

Profile photo of altered-beast
    altered-beast
    Participant

Hi, thanks a lot for sharing this fantastic mod. I love it. It’s like a time machine, I’m really impressed with the historical accuracy, and ships look great.

I wanted to share these little tweaks I made for more immersive gameplay, don’t know if someone will be interested in, but here it is :
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/5nkgmz

It removes the hud at sea, the crosshair reticule, the spyglass info, and remove corpses timer (no more looting hurry, corpses will only disapear now if you leave the area).
    The files contain two versions of the tweaks. Full (no sea hud), and Minimal (with compass, speed, cannonballs, etc…).

full

spyglass

corpses

minimal

Profile photo of Devoidbrah
    Devoidbrah
    Participant

Nicee 😀 Though if you let the corpses lie around, will the soldiers in towns respawn or not?

altered-beast
    Participant

I just tried and when you have killed 40 or 50 soldiers the game crashed. But, the only way to kill so many is to use god mode, so I hope it’s not game breaking. And I think the game crashed because of a infinite spawning problem in this particular case (the screen went black, but I still hear my character doing my commands and hear no enemy attacking anymore). Gonna check in case.

modernknight1
    Keymaster

Welcome Altered-Beast!

You are quite welcome. This mod is here for people to enjoy. I love your “little tweak” mod. When the forums are finished there will be an actual mod section where we can put all of the contributed mods in one place.

I would like your permission to include your mod in the next patch for GOF ERAs2. You will be credited of course.

Did you include the Full and Minimal in the mod options interface? If not I would like to add it as an option to Mod Options Interface itself.

Thanks Again! Glad you are enjoying the mod! I played for two hours today even though I was supposed to be doing other things. I am addicted.

MK

altered-beast
    Participant

I already thought of including it in the mod options, but I’m just a beginner, and not skillful enough with modding yet. But that would be nice. I’ll try if I can do something.

At the moment I’m working in realistic sinking animations for ships, and with good results. Manowar take 5/10 minutes to sink, smaller ships just 2/3 minutes. Maybe I’m wrong with these numbers, if someone knows how many time a ship takes to sink, just tell me.

sink

I’m working too with the low poly crew from the deck, to decrease/increase their number based on the numbers of the actual sailors we have hired. This way, if we lost some sailors during battles, it will be reflected on deck (no more sailors walking on the bridge when we have 0 crew). That’s a tough one, I managed to read the actual crew members, but it don’t refresh when we hire/fire some sailors, it requires to make a whole new game in order to refresh numbers…

Thanks for your welcome ModernKnight1, feel free to use my tweaks in your mod if you want, that would be an honor.

PS : I fixed my no sea hud tweak, I forgot to remove the sails state of the companions.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/9d505e

altered-beast
    Participant

You can sink with your ship in first person now lol :

sink

under the sea

modernknight1
    Keymaster

WOW! That is AWESOME!

Nice work!

How did you do that?

I would like to include this in the upcoming patch as well.

MK

altered-beast
    Participant

Glad that you like it. I’m still working on it, but when it’s finished I will post the link ;
    Now the problem is that the sinking sounds are too short, I must find longer sounds… and I must find a way too for poping a blue filter when we are under the sea (sadly, the last screen is photoshop). Maybe if I try something the same way the spyglass works…

altered-beast
    Participant

Mmmh, the sinking thing is too buggy, I give up.
    (the crew is still walking on the deck under water, the ship doesn’t sink too deep, I don’t know how to pop a blue filter, etc…)

modernknight1
    Keymaster

Maybe I can help. If nothing else the longer sinking times and the angles that the ships sink at would be cool addition. Where are you playing? What files? I would like to have a look.

I never give up permanently. Often when you are modding you will run into a wall and after you’ve tried everything you will be so frustrated and give up. Then as time goes on you will think of other things that you might be able to tweak that influence what you’re playing with OR completely new things to try.

So many times its weeks or even months after I thought I was giving up on something, when I would actually have a breakthrough or figure out the solution to the problem suddenly.

So set it aside for now….but don’t give up. Also having a fresh set of eyes on the problem often can make the difference. That’s why I want to get a new MOD TEAM together for ERAs because I know as a team we can achieve so much more than what I have been able to do on my own.

MK

altered-beast
    Participant

Ok, here it is. Search for “set attributes for sinking effect”, I edited those lines.
    I think we can do better, if we find where the dead ship effects is located (the thing that makes the ship goes darker and disappear). I say that because it reads the height of the ship, I tried negative values, and the ship was flying and never disappear in outer space (btw that was a funny trip lol). If we find this, we can even make the ships sink in two or three times (the ship starts to sink slowly, after a while a little faster, and when it’s full of water sinks much faster)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/suna6x

PS : To see the changes, you need to start a new game.

modernknight1
    Keymaster

OK I see what you did. Interesting! A member on PA! “Superchango” did the same thing a few years ago and I forgot all about it. This will be fun to implement and everyone will enjoy it.

Expect to see this in the patch and I will credit you.

Thanks again!

MK

Profile photo of D. R. England
    D. R. England
    Participant

Could someone please reupload altered-beast’s fixed sea hud tweaks?
    TIA and Happy Sailing

Profile photo of mr.nobody
    mr.nobody
    Participant

hey i you know i am a newbie and i want to download GoF eras 2 but i have problem to download in mega because i am using low speed internet connection and the speed max reach is about 90 kbps so i must wait 17 hours but what i want is there another download link that can be downloaded with idm because when using idm my max speed is about 280 kbps and can be resumed tomorow please understand my problem and if there’s another link i suggest mediafire or another link that can be paused on idm post it or send it into my email : jonni.j25@gmail.com

thank you from mr.nobody?????????
    oh yes i forget i only can using internet at 13.00-16.00
    because i’m bussy so because that i need another link

thank for read my problem from mr.nobody????????

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Profile photo of mr.nobody mr.nobody. Reason: i forgot to write my reason to request another link thank
    Devoidbrah
    Participant

hello and welcome to our forums Mr. Nobody,

Sadly there is no other source where you can download the mod from. If your own connection is so slow, I suggest you ask a friend of yours with a better connection at his place to download it. As of now, there are no plans to put this file up on anything other than mediafire. Previous attempts to upload it on other upload websites failed and as of now the root of your problem seems to lie in your own internet speed as your the first person to complain.
    The usual download speed for me of the mod is around 1mb – 1,5 mb per second 😛

even at 280 kbps it would take alot of hours to download it. after all the whole mod when unpacked is 32gb big (it consists of the game + the mod)

So the easiest solution for you would be to go to a friends place and download it there with a 16k connection dsl connection it will take aproximately around 3-6 hours, depending on the overall use of said connection, a 50k or 100k cable connection has even fast download rate, Im sure you know someone with a better download speed 😉

Profile photo of mr.nobody
    mr.nobody
    Participant

you know i have think’s about that but there also another problem you know my friend wo have stable internet connection is very far from home even if i want to using school wifi it has been passworded you know you right about idm speed but i have solving the speed download of idm by using registry editor so when download reach about 10 % i can save all data i need to resume it tomorow so if one day have 10 % percent i can complete it in about five days i also completing many files using that trick but when i cant download a file with idm that is my problem a far friend,low internet connection,and only 2 hours internet time i am full with problem also i download a film to forgetting my problem that’s my answer thank for answer my problem oh if you have a torrent for the GoF eras file can you give me a link i will download the torrent because i can using that trick too you said it consists with the game so is that just extract it then play it or i have to have the AoP 2 game ? if the answer yes then IF POSSIBLE i just need the MOD thank you

from mr.nobody??????????

Devoidbrah
    Participant

Its the whole game and the mod packed into the download. Extract it and play it. Again theres no torrent file or other downloadable source except the place MK1 uploaded it to. I hope you manage to download it somehow despite your limitations, its a grandal mod indeed.

Profile photo of belzeburg
    belzeburg
    Participant

How about the Gold Fleet from Porto Bello, how often is it sailing ?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I was supposed to read MK’s comment here, but i cannot see it… what happened?
    Just read on moddb some great news, but no sign here
    Maybe a bug on this site?
    If my comment is wrong and everyone else can read Mk, pls delete my msg, but inform me through email 🙂
    Thnaks

Profile photo of Craig Brown
    Craig Brown
    Participant

I’m really excited that the latest update to this mod is going to be out any day now. Do you have a release date MK?

modernknight1
    Keymaster

Hi Craig,

No not yet. Someone just gave me 7 new swords and they are good ones so I wanna get them in. I could get it done tonight/tomorrow if I didn’t sleep but I am in the middle of some consulting too. I would rather do this than the consult work LOL but I have to maintain my professionalism. I am also doing one last reskin. So I would say two more days.

Now having said that, the other things I talked about not having in this version – more fighters, correct historical cannon sizes, new cargo mod, and new crypts and islands/towns mods ARE SUPER CLOSE to being done. So I think I can safely say that there will be another newer version in just a couple more months – maybe by Christmas. I desperately wanna finish mod 2 for good. When I finally get all the new island locations in, I want to start working on MODULE 3 again (1777-1815) timeframe. The only thing I will do to Module 2 after the islands is put new stuff in as it comes available AND implement new quests as I get them done. I am still working on my first one which is the same as the Isabella quest but with different characters and locations. It will be called the Anneke quest and will be based out of Curacao.

MK

Craig Brown
    Participant

That’s good news I can’t wait. Keep up the awesome work!

modernknight1
    Keymaster

TOPIC CLOSED because of spammers. Germane/related discussion can continue on other threads. MK

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I exploded when i read that your work is done!
    THis brings so much joy
    Cannot wait to test the new version, thank you thank you thank you!
    🙂

Profile photo of 0range
    0range
    Participant

Hey-hey! Are there any news regarding the download link? We would appreciate any news! Thanks a lot for your work!

modernknight1
    Keymaster

Sorry took numerous attempts to upload. Stormy weather up here in Idaho. New mod link updated with decryption code in first post of this thread. Enjoy!

MK

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

just started to download – i will give you some feedback in the next 24 hrs
    thanks (again and again)

Profile photo of sch92
    sch92
    Participant

HYPE! Thanks for your work!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

MK, the solution you offered here https://buccaneersreef.com/forums/topic/vanilla-screen-and-camera-view-resolution-modfix/ , is not working for this new version of the game.
    I copied the 2 files (engine.ini and the other one) with no result, so i am blocked with the game itself, because at sea the image is too unpleasant. Please help me 🙂
    (the game is running ok, no bugs so far)

Later edit: when i play full screen, the game uses only 4/5 of the screen or smth.
    The only options available in config are 800/600 and 1024/768
    Thanks 🙂

Profile photo of Alan Q. Smithee
    Alan Q. Smithee
    Participant

Downloading now. Does this require a fresh install of COAS or can it be installed over a previous version of Eras?

Profile photo of 0range
    0range
    Participant

Hi MK! Thank you so much!

Please tell us which CoAS version is required? 1.3.0 or… which? What is the game version you are using?

Thanks a lot in advance! Cheers!

Craig Brown
    Participant

No you guys you don’t have to have a fresh install or even have COAS installed on your computer you just unzip this open it up and double click on the start.exe and play the game.

Profile photo of 0range
    0range
    Participant

I see, thanks =) I figured it out 😉 It is the difference between *should* have the original game and *must*…

Works like a charm. Now I will try to figure out how not to loose the battles, because I get myself constantly killed during first boardings. Will go search for tips on the Internet. It would be nice if someone prepared a tips&tricks topic here, on The Reef.

Thanks in advance 😉

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of 0range 0range.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

One little (tiny and not important) bug to report : when you talk to the boss-lady in bordels, the dialogue freezes. You can try to select one of the two answers ( i want X lady, or the other answer), but no result, the game is blocked. Only alt+f4 helps

And one… difficult question :).
    Mk, you limited all the other captains on the game . The max lvl of theyr ships is 5, which is kinda funny. I am not questioning your decisios, i am just asking if you are kind to change that. It would mean A LOT to me.
    Thanks 🙂

Profile photo of 0range
    0range
    Participant

When I tried the ladies boss, she worked correctly. Dialogue was ok. Maybe depends on the town?

I was robbed in the tavern twice the same visit… That was strange =)

Profile photo of Alan Q. Smithee
    Alan Q. Smithee
    Participant

On unzipping the download, Windows flags and quarantines the file dvm.dll, saying it has an “Obfuscator.XZ” file in it. It did this for past versions too. Any idea why?

Profile photo of 0range
    0range
    Participant

Alan, it did not happen to me. I have Windows 8.1 and ESET antivirus. Please tell what antivirus do you have, probably that is the reason.

modernknight1
    Keymaster

Answers to questions and comments:

I did not change original game mechanics on NPC player captains. However it is NOT limited to level 5 ships. The way the game works is as you level up so do the other NPC captains, so once you achieve higher levels you will encounter NPC captains that have better ships.

I will post the tips and tricks topic requested. There are a lot of good tips I’ve already posted and it is a good idea that they all be put under one topic. Working on it now.

The virus alert on the no DVD crack is an old issue. The PA forums talk about it in several topics. Do not let your AV quarantine the DVM files. They are harmless. The AV software is the issue here and not only overprotective but also stupid.

FYI I am already putting a little patch together because I found some missing stuff. It will require a new game because I had to rename some things. Looks like I have finally squashed the -1 character message error bug at sea. YEAY!

MK

modernknight1
    Keymaster

New patch posted in new topic. Be sure to get it!

Radu are you still having the screen resolution problem? What screen resolution does your monitor have?

MK

modernknight1
    Keymaster

@Orange

Until I get the tips and tricks thread done make sure to go to this post I put up for new players. There is a very good description of how to fight.

https://buccaneersreef.com/forums/topic/tips-on-how-to-play-when-youre-just-starting-out/

MK

Profile photo of 0range
    0range
    Participant

Oh my! MK, thank you!!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello, MK, thanks for your feedback, first 🙂
    Now:
    1. I played many times till level 41-43,(i don;t remember if i reached 43, 41 is 100 % ), but encountered only captains with maximum lvl 5 ships in taverns. Strange. Anyway : i don’t question what you say, who knows what i;m doing wrong.
    2. I am having a laptop now, just sold my pc, I5 4570 CPU, GTX 950 graphics, 15.6” screen, with 1366/768 resolution.

If noone has this problem, it might be (again) my mistake.
    I have no idea 🙂
    ANyway, thanks for asking. Maybe i will get used to play this way.
    Good luck to you all.

PS – no other bugs encountered. Good job indeed 🙂

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I cannot edit the last post, so i must add here: i am running windows 8.1

modernknight1
    Keymaster

Radu I thought for sure I have had some captains with class 4 ships. I had noticed they were mostly smaller class 5 ships – although there are some really great class 5 ships.

I will have a look. You might be right and it is easy enough to find and fix because it can only be determined in two files and I think I know where it is, so stay tuned.

I started to work a multi resolution patch where you would select the engine file and camera files for your combo but put it on the back burner. I will get back on that because I know others have to have the same issue but are silent. We seem to have a great silent majority on this website which is very frustrating for me.

I like to hear from people. Thanks for the info and I will get right on it.

MK

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I understand your frustration – right now in my country major changes occur, but too many are silent. And this affects the result on many levels :).
    Anyway : thank you very much for the patch idea 🙂
    I stay tuned, as you say.

belzeburg
    Participant

Long before you make a torrent for Your New Mod ? I have problems download With Megasync

Belzeburg

Profile photo of 0range
    0range
    Participant

Ehm what do you mean you have problems with resolution?

First time I started the game the resolution was fine. Then I happened to launch config.exe by curiosity and did not find anything of interest, only lost my resolution. Config.exe was giving me only two resolutions that do not fit my screen.

So I went to engine.ini, opened it with notepad, put

screen_x = 1600
    screen_y = 900

manualy saved the file and here we go! Obviously, you may put the numbers you want there, not only 1600X1900.

That is why I am silent about the resolution! =)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of 0range 0range.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Orange, THANK YOU.
    It works, now i can really enjoy the game.
    Thanks a lot, mate!
    Have a nice week 🙂

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Now that i can really play, i found this : some naval battles cannot be finished.
    I play adventurer, on Commodore level, under England flag.
    England is at peace with France, and i cannot finish boardings (when attacking english or french ships) because after the deck killing phase, the ganme is not going to the next phase, the captain cabin’s fight. My soldiers are surrounding me, as usual, but the button that announces the next screen does not appear. I tried to find any remanining soldiers all over the ships (tried this many times, in many different situations), but there is noone left… and still i am not being able to continue the game 🙂
    Therefore i can attack only spanish/dutch and pirate ships.
    This is a major problem.
    Thanks 🙂

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Same situation broke the English Questline.
    First mission, escorting Duke X (don t remember the name), close to Antiqua boarding the spanish ship, no way into captain’s cabin.
    I stop playing the game till this is solved. it;s too annoying 🙂
    Thanks again.

modernknight1
    Keymaster

Radu,

This is NOT a huge problem. This is a very old defect that can be found in every version of GOF and even happens in vanilla sometimes. Its not confined to the taking of English ships either it will happen with all factions. Sometimes the interface button appears, sometimes it doesnt. I did not cause this.

Heres what you do…and I think most people figure this out rather quickly. When you get the point where the decks are cleared and the cabin transition icon does not appear, simply click your left mouse button and you will go to the next stage. If you are playing with a laptop with touchpad, there are usually a couple buttons below it. click one of them until you go to the next stage. Not a big deal but its good if other people are having the same issue they can read here how to get around it. you may find after a time that the icon comes back. I have no idea why it behaves like this.

MK

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

🙂 you are very kind, MK, but i know that. I played all versions (in facut i play this game since Sea Dogs .
    What happens now is different.
    Could be, again, my mistake. But it’s not about clicking 🙂

modernknight1
    Keymaster

@Radu,

I am fully willing to admit this could be a new bug. COAS is filled withh errors. I could spend all my time doing nothing but fixing errors and I fix stuff all the time. However, I have not run into the bug you’re talking about. I am playing three test games at the moment. ONe French one Dutch and one English. In the French I am only level 14 but Henry Jennings is now at level 27 and has had no issues. My Dutch game with Aernoutz is at level 23.

I have had very little beta test help lately. Even my 3 dependable betas have not been helping lately. So I need your help to fix this bug youve identified.

I need you to tell me what character, ship, level, weapon enemy ship, enemy ship class, etc that this is happening with.

NExt you can really help me out if you will enable logginng and send me the files. SO first, save a copy of your engine file and set it aside somewhere safe. Then open up your engine file in the game folder and scroll to the bottom. please change the following… debugwindow to 1 debuginfo to1 codefiles to 1 runtime log to 1 and ondebugkeys to 1

Then run your game where you last saved. It will probably run a little slow because it is logging everything. When you get to the part where you cant move on press F4. you will see some little options pop up. press on teleport character. It will give you a list. then select reload3 but I also want you to try reload1 and reload2 in seperae attempts. also try cabin. this may allow you to keep playing but more important to me is for you to close your game and look in your game file. There will be dozens of files. I would like them all. they are mostly in B or basic and you probably wont be able to read them. THe three I am most interested in though are system, compile, and error. those three will be in common text format. IF you could upload those here or somewhere i can get them that would be grand. If you could put all of them in a folder and compress them with RAR and email them to modernknight1@hotmail.com that would be great. YOu will see dozens of errors in these files. LIke I said I am constantly fixing stuff and most of it is not even things I. screwed up. This will help me identify and fix your bug.

THanks, MK

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of modernknight1 modernknight1.
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Damn. Now i feel really, really bad. You have so much patience, but i didn’t. I deleted that game and started a new one, in a moment of big frustration :).
    Sorry i cannot offer feedback, i was too impulsive.
    In my defence: i am tired this days :).
    Sorry, again. Next time i see something like that, i will report as you tought us 🙂
    Thanks for understanding.

belzeburg
    Participant

Still problems

modernknight1
      Keymaster

Really? Thanks. I am aware of that. I wrote a list of bugs I know about still there in the Read Me file. In the post a couple above yours, I described the process where you can turn the loggers on to help me find and fix the bugs. The character index still has a few offending names that I am very close to finding and fixing. In fact I was thinking about putting out another patch in a day or two because I have fixed a lot of stuff in just the last few days. Also if you turn on the debug keys you can keep playing even if there are problems because you can often teleport to the next stage.

The statement “Still problems” doesn’t really help me very much. But thanks for your positive constructive input. I sincerely appreciate it. I really do. At least I am hearing from someone. I stated up front all along that this is a BETA.

Its all good…. with responses like that one, folks should understand why I stated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS column why I will let this site die when the funding runs out. That is just another month from now – and all of this will disappear – and be nothing but history…

I recommend that everyone just go over to Pirates Ahoy! and play New Horizons. You guys know what I will be doing and continuing to play. I will keep posting my nicest screenshots to my Flickr page so folks can see how I am progressing.

Hopefully a few people are enjoying this BETA mod for what it is and what it offers.

MK

Profile photo of sch92
        sch92
        Participant

I would like to help, but I don’t have time to play videogames this days. Sorry 🙁

Craig Brown
    Participant

Well I am really enjoying the game and have not run into to many bugs in fact, it seams as though most of the bugs that where a big problem are gone which is really nice!

Profile photo of coben
    coben
    Participant

This game mod was awesome lots of fun hiding in the shadows, everytime u’ll play u’ll found something new and interesting..thx for sharing ur treasure Mk

modernknight1
    Keymaster

Thank you for your kind comments coben. I really appreciate it!

MK

Profile photo of 0range
    0range
    Participant

MK, hello again!

Please stay with us, we do really appreciate the mod you are doing! I remember visiting your moddb page, I remember having asked you there to keep up excellent work and include me in the list of the people you might share the mod with, I remember your explanations, I remember myself waiting for your new site, reading threads…

I have seen this small but faithful community of yours grow here on the reef…

I guess I understand your feelings as of the creator who requires more attention, more passion for the project, more involvement from the fans, not only “liked/did not like” comments. You do all the job and might find sometimes sad the people won’t hit but a pair of buttons to comment something, explore something or just give you the attention and humanly chat with you.

So, please, stay with us, you do have the community of yours that love and respect your hard work.

Sincerely yours,
    0range

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Great way to express the feelings that many have, but cannot find the exact words for that , Orange.
    English is my third language, so i’m not exactly the best to try something like that, therefore i am so glad you did it , and thank you.
    Yes, MK, here comes another voice that appreciates your work and thanks for everything you have done 🙂
    Thank you.

modernknight1
    Keymaster

Thanks for the comments guys. I am just frustrated. The mod has been downloaded thousands of times yet only a handful of people comment or read my content or thumbs up anything. Only 15 people have read my article on Why the Golden Age was so Golden. Only 23 people have read my review on the movie Admiral Michiel de Ruyter.

I tell you what. I will let the actual community decide if I keep the site going or not. I will keep the site up and going if I receive 20 positive comments like the handful that you guys have provided – OR 20 thumbs up on my Article “Why the Golden Age was so Golden”.

MK

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Profile photo of modernknight1 modernknight1.
    belzeburg
    Participant

I must first say it is a great Mod, no errors. I think as myself, feks not having English as my mother Language,one might come out with a wrong meaning

belzeburg

Profile photo of Daniela
    Daniela
    Participant

Dear MK, thank you for your great work in 2015.
    I wish my english would be better, so I could tell how enthusiastic I am about all your achievment in developing Eras. Please don´t loose your devotion to the topic.
    I – and I think I speak so far for everyone who downladed your work – wish you an your family a merry christmas and all the best for the next year.

modernknight1
    Keymaster

Thank you for your kind comments Mates and Matettes. Between the private messages and public comments we are over the 20 comments I wanted to verify there is enough interest to bother with keeping the site going. In addition, we seem to be getting some contributors here again as well. VERY EXCITING! Thank you!

MK

Profile photo of 0range
    0range
    Participant

Happy New Year MK and community! Hugs!

belzeburg
    Participant

MK I have problems to find Places to hunt Places to black Pearls, They seemes to deassapear after a awhile Aint not one on right on the map

Profile photo of Samir
    Samir
    Participant

Can you make this topic pinned on the top of the page? It would be much easier for new members or even guests to download the mod and enjoy playing it.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Samir Samir.
    Profile photo of Dahrehn
    Dahrehn
    Participant

Hello all!

I’ve lurked a bit for a while and must say the dedication to this is impressive, Modernknight (and others). I recently had an increased desire to swash my buckles and have tried to download Eras2. Unfortunately I’m having issues with the Mega site (first limitwise, then after a while it goes faulty) and can’t get Pro account on there (at the moment) because it doesn’t accept my card.

Is there a possibility of some nice person making a torrent or an alternative share?

Cheers,

J

Profile photo of Jeffrey
      Jeffrey
      Participant

I can look into the possibility of a torrent, but I can’t do it from my machine as I’m always connected to my work VPN with no split-tunnel so prevents external internet access to anything on my PC. But maybe I can set up one of my kids’ with the file and set it up when I get some time.

In the meantime, have you tried the MEGA client? I had similar issues like you describe with the very large download from their site with a browser download, but installing the MEGA client proved to work much faster, more reliably and without any problem.

Profile photo of Dahrehn
    Dahrehn
    Participant

Thanks for the answer Jeffrey. I’ve gone through TOR to make my IP alternate during the download, I noticed it was the usage check which made the download fail after restarting. (Probably corrupted data) I’ve managed to ever so slowly download the mod and am now happily playing.

I’m considering getting a MEGA account anyway, I need some decent back up space. But that’s for later. Now I’ll get to exploring the game.

Devoidbrah
    Participant

Going back into the game to cure a bit of a depression right now. Maybe the swashbuckling will wash away sorrows and help me set up onto the desired path again.
    Looking forward to seeing MK again, didnt hear from him in a while. All i know is that hes busy travelling and has only limited connection. Maybe he already cooked up a treat for us, who knows. PA! certainly is failing behind as their “team project” is stuck and they are still defining their “progress” on their first game POTC, which by the way feels so outdated I might aswell just play Pokemon on a gameboy for these pixels.

I wish all some nice holidays and a wonderful winter season to come!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Devoidbrah Devoidbrah.
    Profile photo of Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Participant

Yeah, it’s a strange time of year and depression is fairly common. Probably a bit of winter doldrums (depending on if you live in a part of the world that is experiencing winter right now) with the shorter days/longer nights and sometimes dismal weather, and holidays that for whatever reason dredge up in the psyche elements that make one depressed. I hope it passes soon.

I notice that probably I use some hobbies to vanquish depression. Just recently dusted off my guitars and have been practicing some cool tunes and learning some new pentatonic scale exercises to further my skills…along with gearing up and chomping at the bit for some winter steelhead fishing that is just about to start. Already took one trip and caught an ‘accidental’ winter run silver salmon, so I’m getting pretty keyed up about that.

I also hope everyone enjoys some nice holidays and a good trudge through the winter season 🙂

Everyone feel free to post any problems/fix requests that I might be able to programmatically solve and I’ll do my best. But those model problems recently brought up by Samir are outside the scope of my knowledge, so apologies for my lack in that area.

Devoidbrah
    Participant

well we both work in the IT industry, as you know, working overtime is at some point mandatory in that business. But I am also going at the same time to a private university even though I have a full time job with up to 12-13 hours a day of work. But since Im going for a master in IT administration I have to get used to not actually “living”.

friday after work I go to university and on saturday aswell each week of the month, I also trade on ebay and cowork with a mechanic buying/selling cars, repairing them, importing em and helping him with his paperwork since he is not that able in using the computer/emailing.

Do I have a private life? I dont even know anymore. I remember when I was a kid at the age of 11, I used to tell “how bored I am”, now, I wish I could buy that “bored” time to use it in the time now since I sometimes feel I am working as two guys and still find time to spend hours doing fitness in a gym.
    I think at some point I will come at a breaking point, but it seems even my fathers death could not sway me, thats why I was depressed in the first place. All my family died of cancer, I am dead sure I am gonna die of it at some point in a couple of decades aswell, but after the depression left I am embracing it and have a reason now to work even harder than before, before the best version of me may end up dead.

Maybe that can be motivating for others too. I dunno 😀

Profile photo of ram
    ram
    Participant

Devoidbrah , first i appologyze for my very poor english.
    Second i appologyze if i am writing anything that could trouble you or make you uncomfortable.
    But i cannot shut up 🙂
    In my family, we hahe the same patterns, but i am not concerned about cancer – in fact i think i might have been closer to that than i know, but the behaviour i adopted changed facts into my advantage.
    Sadly my pathetic english is noth helping me to express/say all i want to say to you, but i will try my best: cancer is NOT a disease, in fact. It is a reaction of our organism to some extreme situations, when our body has to change it’s chemistry to face them. IF this situations persist and our body most do this effort for a long time, it might trigger some sideeffects, and we call that cancer. The process is terribly complex, the words i use are cutting down 99% from the entire picture. Plus we live in a relative world, that means it depends on your genes and your other habbits (other that the extreme stress ) too. And many other very hard to cuantify factors.
    Anyway, my point is : don’t think this way if you wanna help yourself. Mind has a ,…. lol “mindblowing” power, EVERY thought has a .. how should i say it. Has a reaction, a response in our chemistry. EVERY thought. You think that your happy, your body produces the happyness chemistry. You think you are sad, the chemistry of sadness is beeing developed. So, if you think positive (yes, new age is not exactly stupid, they got something, but not the entire picture 🙂 ), that helps. A lot, in fact. Decisive, in fact :))
    I used to help people, a time ago, after exploring some very dark sides of life (including my dad’s death and my wife’s living me when i was sick ) and finding some answers that i thought could help others. So you are not approached by a newbie, or nonconnaisseur (i stopped doing that on emails or phone when i realized how lazy people can be and i only “work” directly face to face, to be sure some results will occur (if they do. If not, i say “be healthy and happy, but i don t know how to help you”).
    Maybe my words find a way to you, despite the language:)
    My wish was only to share.
    Peace and a beautiful life 🙂 (i enter very rare buccaneersreef, pls do not be angry if i was missing some point and made some mistake here)

modernknight1
    Keymaster

Hey guys, Sorry long time no show, but really couldn’t be helped. I went from an incredible long vacation all over the Caribbean to disaster when I returned home. Pipes had broken under my foundation and caused major damage. Then my sons car died and I replaced the entire fuel system (myself at home) then floods and now the frosting on the cake – my Dad is near death and I have had to travel to help him. He may yet live. I have been doing everything for him.

All of this combined has brought me into deep depression myself so I know what you guys are talking about. Its time to renew the sight again and I was even hesitant in doing so. The fee for everything for a two year renewal is $351 dollars. I have considered allowing a limited amount of advertising to defray costs. Also the new package allows newer web designs and assistance as well as a Google partnership to get the word out about our little sits. Also with all of the work everyone has done I just cant let it die.

Cancer is very common in my family. I have lost dear relatives to it. My Dad never got it though. Before I left the Pentagon I had my first colonoscopy. I have had three now and every one has had large pre-cancerous polyps. So I will definately get it if I don’t keep getting myself checked out. When I worked at DARPA a few years back one of the program managers who was a medical doctor said the simple secret to fighting cancer is lemon. He said lemon is a magical cancer fighter and that if one has plenty of pure lemon added to their diet that they will never get cancer. He even said there were cases of cancer that had been reversed by lemon intake.

Anyhow, still working on stuff slowly. I have to tell you though that I’ve totally lost all motivation to continue. New ship models are what keep me excited and wanting to do more and it looks like I have several coming down the pipeline in the next few months. I saw the pictures of Orazio’s new galleon today and that just TOTALLY ENERGIZES me and HYPES me up to finish what I’m working on and getting it to Jeffrey ASAP.

Sorry I have been AWOL but I am heartened by your heartfelt outpourings of issues in your own lives. It helps me. Thank you Dennis and RAM for sharing. Great new things will be coming to you all soon!

MK

Devoidbrah
    Participant

351 Dollars is a hefty cost. If you are interested, I could ask my stepfather if theres place to host this site on one of our servers. We would need to port the stuff over but I think it could work out without much problems and ALOT cheaper than what you are currently paying. You would get the rights to administer it and make a 1:1 copy of the current site, provided you have all the files needed. The question here is if you would like that or would rather consider to continue the wordpress way. Our servers are situated in Germany.

Profile photo of adam torek
    adam torek
    Participant

As I am trying to download the file from MegaSYNC, it gives me a message saying “select pay system or continue download in 8 hours”. I don’t have the money to be paying for their services, nor do I want to. This is obviously a problem with the hosting company. Many of us don’t want to have to get through a paywall to download this game. Unfortunately, however, there are many other online file companies that do this practice. I know of one that doesn’t. It’s name is MediaFire. It would be better if this file was up for download elsewhere.

Profile photo of Orazio
    Orazio
    Participant

I don’t think downloading from Mega requires a payment. There should be a free option as well.. or try downloading without MegaSYNC, with the browser. I just tried that out and it was working.

Profile photo of adam torek
    adam torek
    Participant

Mega doesn’t require payment, however you have to wait several more hours for the game to download.

modernknight1
    Keymaster

When we get the new version completed (soon). We will hang it on several different services. We will also offer a version that is broken up into pieces that you will reassemble once you have all the downloads.

(EDIT) in the past some people have reported that they have been able to download the mod in less than two hours…. one individual reported 1 hour and 29 minutes.

MK

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Profile photo of modernknight1 modernknight1.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

by
Skip to toolbar