Forum Replies Created
May 13, 2015 at 9:13 pm #953
hope he is well and will return with many free gifts..
January 28, 2015 at 3:44 pm #558
is it just me or are hold sizes compared to actual ingame ship sizes a tad weird?
where did the ship.ini go?
want to see what ship has what hold so i can hunt on purpose…
EDIT: found it: do i have to launch new game so my edits take effect?
- This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Timm.
January 19, 2015 at 5:20 pm #513
i consider my rig to be quiet good:
AMD FX 83500 @ 4cores @ 4,3
PS: New website design cool!
PPS: and yes the centurion is a beatifull ship, that’s why i suffered through 3 hours of stuttering gameplay to get one… stored her for now, hoping for fix!
January 18, 2015 at 10:39 pm #491
it looks like the british 64 gun ship (the one based on Centurion) was causing my stuttering/freezes.
Sold her and now all is well again, reload old save with her and it stutters again..
January 18, 2015 at 10:17 pm #486
Bout the guns,
in mod options i can choose different settings,
but the ingame values
don’tchange, so i’d like to know what stats my guns now actually have.
According to ingame values the 32punder culverine is the best i can get, except for 48 pounders right?
PPS: won my stuttering battle (boarding unsuspecting friendly ship cause his ship looked nice) still stuttering, is near charlestown, ill try to see if i get:
a.) always stuttering if charlestown is in sight
b.) always get stuttering when british 64 is in sight
c.) it is just random
January 18, 2015 at 9:56 pm #485
ran into another problem, this time the first “real” one:
game starts stuttering/freezing for milisecs in battle, only a few battles so far, but a running away with double the speed takes me over 1h real life time, cause “r”/faster makes it stutter even worse….
PPS: will try that officer trading as soon as im out off my current (stuttering) battle!
January 17, 2015 at 6:13 pm #475
As a the gud lil sailor i am ill start myself:
1. I am a tad confused by the ingame ship ratings, currently i am running a 4th rate 60 gun Dutch frigate and am loathed to find a suitable 3rd rate replacement with better firepower.
2. I am a very visual person, is there any way to get rid of the fish eye optic? i like to see my own ship in the right proportions..
3. Still now improvement in the trade screens, there was/is a mod out there with simple check boxes: show only goods u have on your ship, good at trader, all goods..
4. I can’t trade items with my officers? was that a mod or vanila feature?
5. Lacking information, changed gun values apparently, but which are shown ingame, which are used by the pther seatting?
6. 4th rate ships running round with 42 pounders?
7. How can an enemy ship with 7 man left manage more than one broadside per 5 minutes?
8. Why do enemy Captains outperform my own way higher skilled by such a huge margain?
9. No more dismasting except for ramming, spent nearly an hour pounding a ship with 4 ships with chain ammo, still no mast fell..
Now to the parts i like:
1. Way more stable than any other AOP2 version i’ve had ever played..
2. Luvly new ships, so many shiny new ships and only so few i can keep…
3. Game look s way nicer than any mod before
4. So many swords, what to take they are all so shiny
5. Ieks i get lost in boarding, cool im in the hold i wonder….
hm, way more negative points so far,
still im playing this one like an addict, so please consider that anything not mentioned as negazive is a positive ones!
PS: ain’t finished yet with this post, only played couple a dozen hours, will update.
PPS: can the topic be changed to “Rant of a very satisfied player?”
- This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Timm.