I don’t think everyone realizes what a huge deal this is!
Jeffrey has reworked an immense amount of the NPC and enemy ship AI so that they will act MUCH MORE REALISTICALLY!
– Ships no longer run into each other,
– Ships don’t run into land masses.
– Ships will retreat under the protection of fort guns if part of their faction.
– Ships will determine an intelligent route away from the action if you order their retreat or the enemy retreats. They will first determine the best route away from the enemy and take into account closest land mass and wind conditions. So you will see these ships even make course changes while they do this. First they may elect to take the quickest route away from the action – then away from land – and then once far enough away will change direction for the best speed away dependent on the wind and type of sail rig they possess.
– Ships with better points of sail will more often choose egress routes against the wind.
– Ships with bad points of sail (SQUARE RIGGERS) will pursue and retreat using a tacking method Jeffrey has built into the AI. For those of you who don’t know what that means – they will zig zag across the wind to find the best most advantageous angles when trying to get away or when pursuing other ships.
THIS IS A LANDMARK BREAKTHROUGH! All other age of sail games either don’t do this at all or in a very elementary way OR they don’t do it at all because they are MMOs and rely on live players to move all vessels.
I have already praised Jeffrey person to person, but I want to now recognize his achievement here publicly.
JEFFREY I STAND IN UTTER AWE OF YOUR AMAZING ACHIEVEMENTS AND HOPE THAT OTHERS SEE HOW AMAZING THEY ARE AS WELL!!!!!
Thank you for your AMAZING contributions!
I have been extremely busy of late but almost have a bunch of new articles to go up. In addition our web builder has nearly got a version of the new website ready to show me.